Hud Oberly, Hominy District, will serve as a keynote speaker for the 2021 National UNITY Conference in Dallas, Texas, July 2-6.
The conference, which is attended by thousands of Native youths from across Indian Country, is being held in the downtown Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center. The conference theme this year is “45 Years of Building Resilient Leaders and Lifelong Connections.”
Oberly, Osage/Caddo/Comanche, is the Creative Director for Urban Native Era, a brand that specializes in clothing design and content to increase the visibility of Indigenous peoples, according to the website.
Oberly grew up in Oklahoma and currently resides in Los Angeles. He graduated from the University of Colorado in Boulder where he earned a degree in advertising and a minor in business administration. He worked as a program assistant for the Sundance Film Institute. He currently serves as a member of the American Indian Graduate Center Board of Directors.
He serves on the Zon Zoli committee and is the great-grandson of John and Sarah Oberly. His grandparents are Acey and Eva Oberly. He is the son of Frank Oberly, Shannon Freeman and Mike Shackelford.
Other keynote speakers for the conference include:
- Chance Rush, Hidatsa, actor in Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon and motivational speaker, trainer, comedian
- Tia Wood, Cree/Salish, Vogue featured Dancer/Singer and Tik Tok Star
- Norma Baker Flying Horse, Hidatsa/Dakota Sioux/Assiniboine, Red Berry Woman Fashion Designer
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, conference organizers had to limit conference capacity to 50 percent and registration is now closed. However, there is an online option for Thursday, July 1.
- LIVE from Dallas! At the National UNITY Conference – Virtual option
(If you can’t attend in person) Join on Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 11 a.m. – 12:30 pm PST // 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
- Free Webinar: Making A Difference: Creating Awareness Campaigns